In Melt Group we are looking for a Project Engineer (Electrical Systems & PLC’s) for a recognized Industrial company with more than 18000 employees, with plants and presence all over the world.
Experienced profiles are required to carry out large capital projects and skilled in designs and installation supervision of electrical systems to assume the management of their own projects. The profile is required for projects at European level (Luxemburg, Poland, Spain, Germany or United Kingdom) based on one of the plants located Spain.
Functions and responsibilities:
Responsibility for design, contracting and installation of industrial electrical systems including:
- Transformers and main breakers.
- HV & MV distribution.
- MCC and cabling.
- Emergency generators and UPS.
- General electrical distribution.
- Lightning protection.
- Lighting systems.
- Work with Global, Regional, and Facility teams to develop project scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Define appropriate system redundancies.
- Manage all aspects related to assigned portion of projects.
- Prepare equipment and system requirements including design as required, specifications, installation scopes of work and RFQs.
- Perform contractor analyses and selection, contract and contractor management as required.
- Supervise the on-site activities to assure the implementation to be done in full respect of safety rules, respecting timeline, budget and quality requirements.
- Manage the scope, budget, and schedule throughout the project and document, justify, and obtain approvals for significant changes.
- Technical support to operations.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering Technical degree.
- Experience with industrial capital projects and skilled in designs and installation supervision of electrical systems. Proven track record of successfully designing, specifying, contracting, and supervising equipment and systems installation.
- Excellent knowledge of PLC (e.g. Siemens S7; Siemens S5; and related programming languages: Allan Bradley; Honeywell; etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Electrical Systems; MCCs; medium and high voltage; ability to define and design electrical installations; knowledge of electrical distribution
- Advanced Technical Degree / Float Glass Experience
- Fluent in English (Important), any additional language is considered an advantage.
- Business travels: 75% across Europe.