A consulting role delivering business solutions in leading MDM technologies. The Consultant will act as a developer and configurator of MDM solutions according to the prescribed architecture and design. This professional works well with a team and follows direction from architects and technical delivery managers.
Reports to: Managing Consultant
- Configuration of Master Data Management tools such as Informatica MDM, Riversand and Reltio.
- Development of custom components with Java and/or PL/SQL.
- Migration of code and configuration between environments.
- Collaborates with testing team to resolve software defects as required.
- Basic application server maintenance.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL, especially Oracle.
- Experience with the Java programming language and J2EE environments.
- Exposure to web application servers, such as Websphere, WebLogic and JBoss.
- Skills with Unix at a user level are a plus.
- Understanding of data integration, both real-time and batch are a plus.
- Knowledge of JSON, graph databases and Big Data technologies are a plus.
- Understanding of data quality and governance solutions. Technical experience a plus.
- Critical thinking skills and a strong analytical mindset.
- Client environments are Fortune-500 corporate environments; project work may occur in groups on client sites, or remotely in small groups.
- Requires ability to travel to client locations in the course of delivering projects.
- Role has potential for significant travel, up to 5 days per week.
- Projects range from 3-12 months in duration.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Highly detail and results-oriented and comfortable working with a minimum of intra-day direction or feedback. We are seeking individuals who have a high level of initiative and take personal ownership in their roles and responsibilities.
- Comfortable collaborating across complex team structures: able to quickly assess organizational structure mazes and be able to organize the smallest number of people critical to resolve issues.
- Ability to work effectively in different cultural environments, sometimes in countries other than your own.
- An extrovert who is not shy about learning, nor reluctant to build bridges to accomplish goals.
- Disciplined curiosity: interest in asking ‘why’ and synthesizing important findings into alternatives and recommendations.
- Confidence in tackling new business or technical challenges.
- Must have either EU citizenship or residency that allows work in other EU countries.
- Must be fluent in English. Proficiency in a second European language such as French, German and Spanish is considered a strong plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 100% (defined as Mon-Fri), depending on project needs.
- Must maintain a highly professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- University degree from a 4-5 year program. Management Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive base salary plus attractive bonus program that does not limit bonus potential
Paid training and technical certification
Exciting career path with excellent potential for advancement.